Mcproxy - Multicast Proxy for IGMP/MLD
Mcproxy is a free & open source implementation of the IGMP/MLD proxy function (see RFC 4605) for Linux systems. It operates on the kernel tables for multicast routing and allows for multiple instantiations, as well as dynamically changing downstream interfaces.
The current design was motivated by research and IETF standardization activities in the MULTIMOB group (see RFC 6224 and draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source)) and shall serve as a test and experimentation tool for the research community.
If you use Mcproxy in a scientific context, please use the following citation.
April 20, 2014
- Paper Peer my Proxy - A Performance Study of Peering Extensions for Multicast in Proxy Mobile IP Domains published.
November 17, 2013
- Release v1.1.0 available (here)
- with new features and a lot of bug fixes.
October 26, 2013
- Release v1.0.0 finished
October 16, 2013
- Working on a release with IGMPv3 / MLDv2
- The newest version can be found on https://github.com/mcproxy/mcproxy
September 18, 2012
- Third bug-fix release 0.1.3 available (here)
- Support for the multiple multicast routing table (here)
March 16, 2012
January 17, 2012
- First bug-fix release 0.1.1 available (here)
December 24, 2011
- First beta version 0.1.0 available (here)
December 22, 2011
- Website online